World Cup broken (my fault)

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
MarkC

World Cup broken (my fault)

Post by MarkC »

Just before the 2.0 release I corrected a fault in one of the cup calculations. Unfortunately, the WC06 definition depends on the incorrect behaviour. I tested a lot of definitions to make sure they still worked but obviously I failed to test the World Cup... :oops:

I have corrected the problem in CVS. The Europe qualifiers have groups of seven teams, which take 14 rounds to complete, not 12.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

are you sure the wc in 2.0.0 doesn't work? it does here. i must say, though, that some weeks ago (must have been 1.9.5 or 6) i noticed that the wc didn't work (i wondered why ;-)) and made a change to some code i couldn't remember the purpose of (maybe that was simply because it wasn't me who wrote it). but wait... maybe that was some other fix. i think at some point i also had to increase last_week from 12 to 14 in the european qualifiers definition.

anyway, because of this incident, i made sure the wc worked correctly before releasing 2.0.0. could it be you noticed the bug in an older local version of yours? also, i'm pretty sure somebody would've complained by now if the wc was buggy (2000+ downloads this month... new record :-)).

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

gyboth wrote:also, i'm pretty sure somebody would've complained by now if the wc was buggy
Yes, that's what I thought.

I was running from an up-to-date CVS tree yesterday when I got the error, so I guess you saw the problem and fixed it for the release, but didn't update CVS. Anyway, the CVS version works now.