the game crashes by replaceing players

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
mrsmola

the game crashes by replaceing players

Post by mrsmola »

Running the linux binary 2.0.1 the game crashes (sometimes) if I replace a player into my team.

After the crash I get a warning on my console:

** (bygfoot:6404): WARNING **: player_of_idx_team: Player list of team FC St. Pauli too short for number 19.

Next crash:
** (bygfoot:6421): WARNING **: player_of_idx_team: Player list of team FC St. Pauli too short for number 15.

Next crash:
** (bygfoot:6421): WARNING **: player_of_idx_team: Player list of team FC St. Pauli too short for number 15.

I played the original binary and not the sources with the feature training camp.
mrsmola

Post by mrsmola »

The problem only occurs if I have multiple transactions at the transfermarket in one week.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Hello there,

I'll have a look and see if I can reproduce the bug here.

Would it be possible for you to attach a saved game from which the crash can be produced easily?
mrsmola

Post by mrsmola »

Sorry, I don't have a special savegame to reproduce the crash.

I think it isn't possible to reproduce the crash with a savegame. The array playerlist seems to be to small. If you save the playerlist and load the savegame, the array would have the right size.

The crash occurs if I produce a lot of transactions at the transfermarket in one week. Some offers to players, some sales and some purchases.

I programmed a new feature (training camp) and an new German definition for bygfoot. By testing the new feature I had the problem, that I found no way up to a higher league. One attempt to reach a higher league has been many transactions at the transfermarket. If I bought a player, at the same week I set it back at the transfermarket to earn more money. By this way i had (for example) the situation that in one week I bought two players, selled two players and made five offers to new players at the market. By playing the game this way the game crashes. It crashes at the moment if I want to change an new player into my team (the first 11 players), by clicking at the new player.

I thought it was the training camp, so I got the linux-binary from sourceforge and started a new game. The result was the same, the game crashed.
mrsmola

Post by mrsmola »

I fixed the bug.

The crash happed if a manager clicked at the last player of his player list 1. After this he changed to the transfer market and sold more than one player at once. Then he changed back to the main menu to swap players an clicked at the last player of his player list 1.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Aha! I must not have tried that. I did try fairly hard to reproduce the bug but failed, and I didn't find time to work out from the code what was wrong.

By the way, when I replied at first I didn't know you were a new developer on the project, so I'm happy to learn that Bygfoot is still alive! I haven't found much time to play or work on it at all for a long time... but maybe I will sometime :)
mrsmola

Post by mrsmola »

I had a problem with the new German definitions. I didn't find a way to promote to a higher league ;-) So I tested ludicrous ideas. One idea was to buy an sell a lot of players at the transfer market to get more money. By doing that, I found the bug ;-)

The problem occurred only if I sold more than on player at the same time. After selling, at the moment I clicked at the player list bygfoot had a wrong number of players in global attribute (only for a very short time).

There are a lot of people who contribute bygfoot. If we all work together, bygfoot would be alive for a very long time ;-)