[solved in 2.3.1l] svn up Youth too old: no time to react

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
arnaudus

[solved in 2.3.1l] svn up Youth too old: no time to react

Post by arnaudus »

Sorry to report several bugs in the same evening, probably better not to forget them. I've just got an annoying bug with the youth academy. I got the message "X is too old, he will probably leave your team if you don't propose him a contract", I clicked OK, and I immediately got a second message "X has left your team". I guess the reason for that is that it was a between-season session, and I guess time goes faster between seasons. Anyway, poor X, I had no opportunity to propose him a job.

Here are a few lines for a fix:
(i) increase the delay between the two events ("X wants to leave" -> "X has left")

the bug is probably in youth_academy.c:

if(g_array_index(ya->players, Player, j).age + 0.1 >
const_float("float_player_age_lower") &&
g_array_index(ya->players, Player, j).age + 0.08 <=
const_float("float_player_age_lower"))

The difference between 0.1 and 0.08 is probably too small (but I'm not 100% sure I understand the code here, so I'm not sure if it is better to increase 0.1 or to decrease 0.08).

(ii) directly open a "contract offer" window immediately after "X wants to leave".

I guess that (i) is simpler, and (ii) is nicer.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

In the end it might be easier to notify you of ending contracts at the end of the season. This would prohibit this as well.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

I think the easiest solution here would be to give the user a warning after his last match of the season, including a list of things he should think of, like youths, debts (if he didn't use the glorious new feature of automatic repayment ;-)).

The only problem here could be that we might not be able to determine his last match. But maybe I'm too pessimistic.

Gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I took following resolution path: If a user has pending events (like ending of contract, new youth player, ...) Bygfoot stops skipping matches so he can show the dialog box. This looks a bit strange when playing with multiple players as the first user is always shown first. This might not be the user with the pending actions.

What do you think about this?

EDIT: Actually, having played with multiple players yesterday this strangeness pops up when user one has nothing to do as he is at the end of his season and user 2 has to play for several weeks. So I don't think that this is really problematic as nobody ever complained about it.