Crash after the first season

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
fabio85

Crash after the first season

Post by fabio85 »

Hi all!
I have a big problem with Bygfoot: after the first season the game crashes! I'm doing the amateur season in Italy and when I arrive to the last weekend (34°) I click on "next week" (the bus icon) I see a series of game simulation for cups,... and then I return to the main menù at the 48° week!!! If I click another time on next week the program exits!
I have Bygfoot 2.2.1 on Windows and Debian with the same problem! I tried 2.0.1 (in Debian's repositories) and 2.3, but nothing changes. I tried to start a new season, to avoid problems on the game saved, but at the end of season the bug return!
What can I do?

Thanks a lot!
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Could you send me a savegame just before it happened? I've have not encountered this one. Send it to gunnar[at]bygfoot.com
fabio85

Post by fabio85 »

I have just removed all my savegames because I have reinstalled Bygfoot to make an experiment.
I have tried to do the Australian season (because it's the shortest) and I have not encountered problems for the second season. I have tried, after closing and opening the program, the Italian season and the problem appears. I have reinstalled the program and repeated the italian season: it's all ok!!! Can it be italian definitions' fault? Before the reinstallation I was using italian definitions found in this forum with more teams than standard definitions. Now I'm using standard one and I haven't problems.
Are there too much teams in Italian definitions?

Thanks!

PS: I have found a savegame with this problem on my Debian partition! I have sended it to you!
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

yes I received it. I'll look at it. Can't promise when though (although it will be this week).

I reread your original message
fabio85 wrote:I have a big problem with Bygfoot: after the first season the game crashes! I'm doing the amateur season in Italy and when I arrive to the last weekend (34°) I click on "next week" (the bus icon) I see a series of game simulation for cups,... and then I return to the main menù at the 48° week!!!
There is a setting to skip the weeks where you don't have any matches. We show the last week before going to the next season. So that part is normal. The crash however isn't
fabio85

Post by fabio85 »

I have noticed it! With the new installation (where all works fine) I see week 48 before the new season.
An off topic question: when I start a new game I have to select a team and write an user name. In the window I see three choices about definitions: load team definitions, only name and don't load definition. What do they mean? What changes from one to another?

Thanks!

Bye!
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

fabio85 wrote: An off topic question: when I start a new game I have to select a team and write an user name. In the window I see three choices about definitions: load team definitions, only name and don't load definition. What do they mean? What changes from one to another?
I don't know, but I'll check.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

fabio85 wrote:In the window I see three choices about definitions: load team definitions, only name and don't load definition. What do they mean? What changes from one to another?
These are only relevant when you have team definitions (with players names and skills etc.) installed. You can then either load all information from the defs, or only the player names (not the skills), or not load them at all.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
romihaitza
Translation Manager

Post by romihaitza »

If it crashes after the last round it must be a promotion/relegation issue somewhere in whole the country definition - not just in the league he is playing in.

But as you say that the last version is fine, must have been a problem in the past which was already done.
All the bests,
fabio85

Post by fabio85 »

Now I'm using 2.2.1 and all works fine! I'm doing the 3th season without problems...
I think that the problem is on definitions, because with original ones I haven't problems, with Italy's definitions game stops at first season...