[closed] Two players with the same player id

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
mikekchar

[closed] Two players with the same player id

Post by mikekchar »

Sorry, I don't have a save game (I stupidly deleted it). But a while ago in 2.3.0 I managed to get two players with the same player id. I first noticed the problem when one of my players started jumping into the lineup when I didn't say to. Especially when I got a red card during the game he'd suddenly appear in the lineup.

Eventually I tried to sell him and another player ended up on the transfer list. So I took a look in the save game file and noticed that those two players had the same player id. If it helps, I had bought both of the players.

I took a quick look at the source code, but I couldn't quite figure out how it might have happened. What's strange was that the player id was something like 574, while there were plenty of the players in the league with player ids of over 1000. So I have no idea how it happened.

Selling both players (unfortunately) seemed to have fixed the problem for me and I haven't had any problems since. Anyway, just posting the bug in case this twigs anything in anyone's mind. Sorry I don't have better reproduction instructions :(
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

This is the first ever report about such a bug, so let's hope it only happens very rarely.

As for the player id range, it just begins with 0 and counts upwards when a new player is generated, so all those thousander ids you noticed were just happenstance.

I don't think a savegame would've helped us, since the interesting thing to know would be how this duplication came to pass in the first place.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
ilias

Post by ilias »

Unfotunatelly i have the same bug.
p.s I have the savegame
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

you can send the savegame to gunnar[at]bygfoot.com
ilias

Post by ilias »

Hopefully the problem was solved by transfering one of the two players with the same name. Then the name of the other player (which was the same before) became empty. I could edit a new non-empty name for the second player but i chose to transfer him also. Then the game was continued normally as before. So, it seems that isn't a real problem.
I' ll send the savegame but i don't think that it will help.

p.s In real life it can happen. A greek team had two players (relatives) with the same name and surname. An other big greek team wanted to take one of them (the best). Accidentally they bought the other player. They saw the error and they bought and the other player too. So they ented with two players with the same name.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ilias wrote:p.s In real life it can happen. A greek team had two players (relatives) with the same name and surname. An other big greek team wanted to take one of them (the best). Accidentally they bought the other player. They saw the error and they bought and the other player too. So they ented with two players with the same name.
True, but if they use the same player id we have a bug somewhere that needs to be fixed.