Players refusing to play for you

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
ursus_arctos

Players refusing to play for you

Post by ursus_arctos »

Hello

The idea with players occasionally refusing to play in your team or refusing to prolong their contract is a nice thought wich could bring some realism into the game but it happens far to often wich makes it too hard to compete with AI. I also think that goalies should be excluded beacuse they are a bit special. It is very frustrating to build up a good team over a number of seasons and in a few months see it fall apart.

Is there some way to edit it in some config file?

:?
Have a good day, or better still, have the best ever
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

This is a part that we should need to rethink. This is an excerpt from a discussion we had about this:
  • Bygfoot transferlist needs free players(end of contract players, no transfer fee) and young players without a contract.
  • There ought to be more players on the transferlist (Can already be changed by int_transfer_max_players,int_transfer_new_players_lower,int_transfer_new_players_upper)
  • We should bring back the possibility to inquire for players not on the transfer list
  • We need to implement loaning and trading
  • Players generally don't want to play under their level (a first class team player is not going to play for a third class team and probably not for a second class team)
On the other hand if a player rejects an offer the first time, you can try a second proposition and up the wages? I've been playing 18 seasons and the points above bothered me way more, I think I lost 2 or 3 players over 18 seasons (even though I was able to sell them) like this
ursus_arctos

Players refusing............

Post by ursus_arctos »

I tried to put hashes in front of the entries, in bygfoot_constants, to check the involved lines out but then the game crashed when I tried to offer new contracts to players.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

That's normal, you should find some comments in your stdout.log or stderr.log (or if running in Linux, you should start Bygfoot from the command line to see them) complaining about Bygfoot not finding constant x or y

Could you try to explain how the players refuse? Are they complaining you have to many star players, are they refusing your wage offer three times? Without a bit of info I can't really help.
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

[/quote]

I enabled the entries again, instead I changed who was considered a star player to 99 (of course with the correct number of zeros behind). I hope that will mean that any player under 99 is not a star player.

The problem when buying players was easy to handle with offering more money but when renewing contracts the player would not negotiate anymore after deciding I had too many star players, so that was final and very frustrating since it was players I had in training from 16 or 17 years, perhaps there could be a distinction between transferred players and own products.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Hi, I didn't know that star balking was also used when negotiating a new contract. I'll see what we can do about it. And in that sense you're right a keeper should be handled differently. (I would even go as far as saying that defender should only balk if there are too much good defenders, midfielders when there is too many good midfielders, ...
On the other hand I still think that players don't want to play in a league for which they are too skilled, so that's a type of balking I will probably implement in next version.
ursus_arctos

Post by ursus_arctos »

Thank you for being helpful.

:D
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

ursus_arctos wrote:Thank you for being helpful.
:D
I'm afraid you should probably say that when it finally gets implemented ;-) I've made a feature request at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=445179 If you want to comment on it further you'll need to add comments to the tracker ticket.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Goalies are handled separately. If you already have a star goalie, the new star goalie with only accept with a chance of 12% (after applying the usual 25% chance of accepting anyway, so overall the chance is 33%).
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.