Ukraine. Team names

Here you can... report bugs. Open a new thread for each bug, please.
Surzh

Ukraine. Team names

Post by Surzh »

Hi guys,

I found a problem in the defenitions of the Ukrainian teams.

Kharkiv, Kyiv, Lviv etc... They are names of the Ukrainian cities :) Not the team names
gunnar
Site Admin

Re: Ukraine. Team names

Post by gunnar »

That's on purpose actually, it's stated in the definition guidelines to not use the real team names for licensing reasons. http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/new/doc/ ... .html#toc1
Surzh

Post by Surzh »

Oh.. Sorry...

Thanks for explanation.

Did you try to consult with teams about this issue (official using of the real names)?
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Surzh wrote:Did you try to consult with teams about this issue (official using of the real names)?
No we haven't and I suspect it would be a lot of hassle to get all the teams that we have in our definitions to sign a paper that we are allowed to use the name :shock:
filipemb

Post by filipemb »

Surzh,
I'm on my way to update team definitions to 09/10 and I'll add real teams name.
Surzh

Post by Surzh »

2filipemb: ok

2gunnar: I will try to prepare the mail for the team managers (Ukrainian teams for first time). If they will be agreed then we will investigate the question about official documents.
Surzh

Post by Surzh »

Just one moment.. I should be sure that this project is not a promotion/commerce oriented app (not in fact, but in idea). I think we can get those documents if we do a fully free project.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Surzh wrote:Just one moment.. I should be sure that this project is not a promotion/commerce oriented app (not in fact, but in idea). I think we can get those documents if we do a fully free project.
Call me cynical, but I wouldn't hold my breath. This project is not a commerce oriented app for sure (although anybody could sell it, as the GPL allows it)