Rugby PC Game?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
53asucercos72

Rugby PC Game?

Post by 53asucercos72 »

Hey, the soccer, oops, football game is pretty good but I was wondering if the developers could come up with a rugby PC game similiar to Bygfoot Soccer? I would think it would be a hit too like the soccer game!!! Thanks for Bygfoot.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Great that you like bygfoot.

For the rugby simulator:
The biggest problem would be that I don't understand the sport rugby rules-wise, so it would be hard to implement the rules.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

gunnar wrote:Great that you like bygfoot.

For the rugby simulator:
The biggest problem would be that I don't understand the sport rugby rules-wise, so it would be hard to implement the rules.
I disagree. The biggest problem would be that you (we) don't have the time and energy ;-) Heck, we hardly have the time and energy to keep Bygfoot going.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

gyboth wrote:I disagree. The biggest problem would be that you (we) don't have the time and energy ;-) Heck, we hardly have the time and energy to keep Bygfoot going.
Yeah true :oops:
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

As I had another question through a mail about a rugby simulator, I did a quick search if such a thing exists. here you can find my reply:
The only one I found in sourceforge is http://sourceforge.net/projects/rugby-manager/ I have no idea if it's finished, if it's fun, .... In any case no commits have been done in more than a year. The original developer possibly gave up due to interest problems. Try contacting him/her. If people ask where (s)he is with this, his/her efforts, it might do wonders to get people interested in the game again
Like I said before, if somebody wants to re-use parts of Bygfoot for this, by all means go ahead. I highly doubt any of this code is useful though ;-)