problem with the bulgarian definitions

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
zbrox

problem with the bulgarian definitions

Post by zbrox »

ok, i'm almost sure this can't be done in the current version of bygfoot, but i have to address the issue in order to be perfectly sure :)
i'm trying to make a definitions for the bulgarian league. but the league structure is somewhat obscure. the leagues are three. the first league is one. but the second is divided into two leagues - western second league and eastern second league. the first of both second leagues is promoted. the runners-up of both second leagues play a playoff which decides who is the third team to join the elite. and then comes the third league. it's divided even more - to 4: southeastern, southwestern, northeastern, northwestern. from those 4 third leagues only the first teams get promoted to the respective second league.
i doubt there's a solution to writing a normal bulgarian country definition file, but i welcome all help possible :)
thank you in advance!!!
rostislav
Fitter Happier
atd

Post by atd »

for the second and third league (with two leagues) look at the Belgian def file, we have parallell leagues too.
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
zbrox

Post by zbrox »

thanx for the reply. i'll have a look.
Fitter Happier
gyboth
Site Admin

Re: problem with the bulgarian definitions

Post by gyboth »

zbrox wrote:ok, i'm almost sure this can't be done in the current version of bygfoot, but i have to address the issue in order to be perfectly sure :)
and i'm almost sure it CAN be done ;-) (if we're both talking about the 1.9 branch, that is)

let me summarise:

league 1: three last teams get relegated to 2a/2b
league 2a: first team gets promoted, second plays against 2b second; last two get relegated to 4a/b/c/d
league 2b: first promoted, second against 2a second; last two get relegated to 4a/b/c/d

winner of 2a/2b playoffs gets promoted to 1

league 4a - 4c: first team gets promoted to 2a/2b.

this is feasible. but maybe it'd be better if you just gave us the team names and we do the defs. at least if you want to have the def in 1.9.1. if this isn't important for you, and you'd like to explore the def system yourself, go ahead (a hint: you have to use dest_sids in the promotion/relegation sections with multiple destinations, like <dest_sid>bulgaria2a bulgaria2b</dest_sid>).

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
zbrox

Post by zbrox »

in order the defs to get in the next release i'm sending the teams in the respected groups here. i hope everything turns ok with the cyrillic!

First League is called "А" футболна група
------------------
Васил Левски (София)
Червена Армия (София)
Локософ (София)
Черноморие ()
Слава (София)
Бероя (Стара Загора)
Планинец (Благоевград)
Локоплов (Пловдив)
Дупница
Петрич
Ловеч
Родопски спортист (Смолян)
Нефтохим (Бургас)
Христо Ботев (Пловдив)

Second "A" Leagu is called Източна "Б" футболна група
---------------------
Спарта (Варна)
Загоре (Нова Загора)
Несебър
Хасково
Раднево
Поморие
Маричане (Пловдив)
Сливен
Гръмотевица (Търговище)
Спарта (Пловдив)
Данау (Русе)
Каварна
Добруджанци (Добрич)
Шумен

Second "B" league is called Западна "Б" футболна група
------------------------
Раковски
Орли (Плевен)
Италиано (с. Герман)
Спарта (Плевен)
Рила (Самоков)
Локомездра (Мездра)
Габрово
Пазарджик
Михайловград (Монтана)
Пиринея (Гоце Делчев)
Миньорец (Перник)
Ботевград
Велико Търново

Third "A" league is called Югозападна "В" аматьорска футболна група
--------------------------
Пирински
Костинброд
Кюстендил
Горубляне
Лев-Спар (София)
Разлог
Октомври (София)
Сливница
Своге
Радомир
Велинград
Ихтиман
Симитли
Етрополе
Микрево
Лакатник
Слокошница
Люляк (София)
Пещера
Рударци

Third "B" league is called Югоизточна "В" аматьорска футболна група
----------------------------
Карлово
Асеновград
Локозара (Стара Загора)
Черец (Бургас)
Космонавтика (Бургас)
Рудозем
Буревестник
Елхово
Сопот
Черноморци (Бургас)
Кърджали
Харманли
Свиленград
Лев (Стара Загора)
Августа Траяна (Стара Загора)
Маричане (с. Крум)
Ардинци
Долни Воден

Third "C" league is called Североизточна 'В' Аматьорска футболна група
------------------------
Балчик
Доро (Силистра)
Смядово
Главиница
Оборище
Чернево
Бяла
Победа
Шабла
Черноморци (Бяла)
Суворово
Аксаково
Лудогорец
Попово
Тутракан
Генерал Тошево

Third "D" group is called Северозападна 'В' Аматьорска футболна група
---------------------------------
Видин
Враца
Белене
Павликени
Бяла Слатина
Горна
Лев (Левски)
Козлодуй
Академия (София)
Лом
Дебелец
Елена
Берковица
Криводол
Койнаре
Никопол
Лясковец
Роман

as you said. the last three teams from first league are delegated to 2a and 2b. the first teams from 2a and 2b are directly promoted to first league. and the runners-up from 2a and 2b play 2 matches and the winner (the winner is based on the goals scored. just like in the Champs League) is promoted in first league. the last two teams from 2a and 2b are delegated to 3rd leagues. the winners from each of the four 3rd leagues is promoted to one of the two second leagues :) it's kinda messy :)
also there are two cups. the national cup which is called Купата на България. and some other cup called Суперкупата на България - this one is a super cup. at the beginning of the new season for the supercup there's a match between the holders of the league's championship and the national cup's championship.
and when it comes to the national cup itself the rules are the following. in the preliminary stage all teams from the amateur groups (meaning the third leagues and some clubs from even lower) play until there are 16 of them left. then the teams from first and second leagues join. the battles between the teams in the first stage are in only one match (who is the home team is randomly chosen). in the second stage there are 2 legs for every round. and when the number of teams is odd one is chosen again randomly to go to the next round without playing a match. roughly that's it :) the final is only one match and is played on the national stadiom :)
i hope you guys can make it. hopefully i will be able to make defs soon so i could provide defs with the official names and logos.
thanks again!!!

P.S. how can i translate the commentary?
Fitter Happier
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

zbrox wrote:Васил Левски (София)
Червена Армия (София)
two questions: are these inofficial names, like R. Madrid? or official ones, like Real Madrid?

what does the stuff in brackets mean? (Sophia?)
beginning of the new season for the supercup there's a match between the holders of the league's championship and the national cup's championship.
what if there's a double winner?

anyway, i'm going to take a shot.
P.S. how can i translate the commentary?
a hint: go to the translations forum? look for sticky posts? read the posts and follow the links?
:-D

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i have trouble copy-pasting the cyrillic names... could you please send me a utf-8 file with them?

question: is there a limit on the number of yellow cards accumulated during different matches until a player gets banned in the leagues (or national cups)? in germany, for instance, a player gets banned for a match when he accumulated 5 yellow cards (in 5 or more games).

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

does league 2a really have only 13 teams, or did i miscount? or did you forget one?

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

here's a first draft. i've inserted dummy names for all teams and competitions, you have to replace them manually (the relevant tags are <name>, <short_name> and <team_name>; leave the <sid> type of tags alone, and the filenames, too).

http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/tmp/bulgaria.tar.bz2

copy the flag to support_files/pixmaps/symbols, and the directory 'bulgaria' to support_files/definitions. you should be able to play with the definition if you have a cvs version of the 1.9 branch (just start the game, the bulgarian definition should be in the list of countries).

have a look at the cups and leagues and tell me if i misunderstood anything.

a bulgarian names file would be nice, too, see
http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/doc/1.9/ ... names.html

gyözö
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Hooray, I knew we'd have a Cyrillic definition eventually :) Just in time for 1.9.1 too!

I can cut & paste it OK, so I'll happily spend some time tomorrow morning filling the names in, unless zbrox gets there first.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

MarkC wrote:I can cut & paste it OK, so I'll happily spend some time tomorrow morning filling the names in, unless zbrox gets there first.
you can and i can't... grummel... why? *pout*

i considered asking you yesterday (saw you online) but i decided that you're too good for such a brainless job ;-) but of course it would be a bit better if you did it instead of zbrox because you can fix it if anything breaks.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

and of course you can fine-tune the definition if you like, mark; i didn't fiddle a lot, didn't set byes manually etc.

gyözö
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Hmm, well I've done what I can for now. I'll commit to CVS once I've done some basic testing.

I've checked on http://pfl.bg and it seems there should be 14 teams in league 2b.
I think Миньор БД - Бобов Дол is missing; is this right, zbrox?

In the A league, it seems there should be 16 teams, but one team (Pirin) has been dropped for some reason. But we only have 14! I think Вихрен - Сандански isn't represented. Also Берое has been listed in bygfoot as Бероя - is this a mistake in one of the lists, or is it an alternative?
Should we bring Pirin back in, to make up 16 teams? An odd number isn't nice, especially in a first league. In real life, I guess it will be corrected next season, but the game can't do that, of course.

The others seem to match up. I think there's some work to do in getting rid of official names. Some of them aren't quite the same, e.g. Локомотив Мз - Мездра is in the bygfoot list as Локомездра (Мездра); but we should probably just use Мездра, or Л. Мездра if there is more than one team from Mezdra.

The Sofia teams probably need changing unless some of them are named after local areas.

We also need a Bulgarian name for the promotion game, please. e.g. "Playoff for league A".

Finally, the cup: it seems weird to end the first stage with 16 teams. If they finished with 20/21 teams instead then no byes would be needed in stage 2. But if the real cup's first stage ends with 16, then that's what we'll do in bygfoot!
zbrox

Post by zbrox »

yes, your right the cup is kinda weird :(
about the first league...pirin was relegated because it bancrupted. but we can leave it in first league to keep the numbers even :) the team i missed from league 1 is you're right Сандански. the official name is Вихрен Сандански. but since there aren't any other teams from Сандански, you can leave it Сандански. i do that..when there is more than one team from a particular town i try to change the name so you could figure out which team it is, but still it's not an official name. for example people usually use Бероя instead of Берое, which is one of the teams in my home town. and when there was only one team in a town i use the town's name. for now we can leave everything like this and later one for the next version i will try to make it look better :)
about the second league i missed Миньор БД, which should be Бобов Дол. the town's name that is.
about mezdra i got carried away :) there isn't any other team from mezdra :) so we should stick with Мездра.
the sofia teams are with unofficial names, but still you can figure which one is which :)
the promotion game is Плейоф за влизане в "А" ПФГ.
i'm almost done with the translation and the names. today i'll mail the archive to gyboth.

again..thanx for all the work guys! and sorry for my slipups :)

P.S. about the supercup. it's one week before the start of the season.

P.P.S. if you have any more questions that i missed answering contact me at icq 28161526 or jabber zbrox@jabber.minus273.org so that the defs get in 1.9.1 :)
Fitter Happier
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

zbrox wrote:i'm almost done with the translation and the names. today i'll mail the archive to gyboth.
great :-) did you have the time for live game commentary as well, or is that postponed for 1.9.2?
P.S. about the supercup. it's one week before the start of the season.
then i guess we (you ;-)) should let the leagues and cups begin a week later, mark?
P.P.S. if you have any more questions that i missed answering contact me at icq 28161526 or jabber zbrox@jabber.minus273.org so that the defs get in 1.9.1 :)
i think we made it just in time ;-) the definition will certainly get in (even in its current state it's acceptable); the translation... if you manage to finish it until tonight.

gyözö