alphabetical order

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
vector

alphabetical order

Post by vector »

Why o why are team defs not in alphabetical order.
With the number of teams now supported it can be very hard finding a specific team by scrolling thry the list.

Unless your looking for aus or a victorian side,, cause of course mine are in alphabetical order :)
there maybe others, I havent checked.

especially noticed when finding teams in the WC

of course I could just be trying to take the focus of the fact I havent got all the icons done yet :)
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

why do you need to find specific teams in the WC def?

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
vector

Post by vector »

erm well in my case I was seeing which teams were in which geographic area and then matching them with the names of the countries in my map.

However any normal user who starts a new WC game and wants to be lets say Mali or some such team has to scroll the entire list (africa area),,,each name has to be read where as if it was alphabetical youd simply scroll down to M and then start reading.

tis only a small point.

Aus victoria would be very bad I think if it wasnt alphabetical. there are so many teams at least If I want to be say Eltham North I just need to scroll into their division and then down to E to find it otherwise I could easily overlook it.

I guess you could add to that the ability at that point (start of the game) to sort either by team(alphabetical) or League. that way i wouldnt have to worry about what div My team was in.
Click on team title, it sorts teams in alphabetical order, then scrol to E
done.

summary it can be hard finding your(a specific) team in the opening screen.
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:I guess you could add to that the ability at that point (start of the game) to sort either by team(alphabetical) or League. that way i wouldnt have to worry about what div My team was in.
Click on team title, it sorts teams in alphabetical order, then scrol to E
done.
ok, sounds like a nice idea.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.