"FIFA" definition

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
ircarrascal
definitions team

"FIFA" definition

Post by ircarrascal »

I've created a "FIFA" definition for bygfoot. This includes EuroCup and World Cup as well as most of the other important regional challenges such as Gold Cup, Copa America, Nations Cup, etc. Teams are sorted into their respective confederations: UEFA, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, AFC, CAF, OFC. You pick a team from one of them and first play your regional challenge (for example Argentina plays Copa America, England plays EuroCup, etc.) Then come World Cup qualifiers. After that the Confederations Cup is played (winners of regional tournaments go here; i.e. champion of Gold Cup, Copa America, EuroCup, etc.) And finally World Cup takes place. This definition was based on the EuroCup and WorldCup definitions. However, there are no hosts for any tournament; everybody plays the qualifiers (so this is not "valid" for just one year but forever).

The definition will appear with the new subversion of bygfoot (2.2.1).
Last edited by ircarrascal on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

I've put the file here:

https://webspace.utexas.edu/ir68/bygfoot/

All you have to do is unzip and untar the file from the ./bygfoot folder and you should be good to go.

Please report any bugs or suggestions.

Enjoy
mrsmola

Post by mrsmola »

Hi,

I added your definitions to the new unstable version.

Nice idea, good work :D

Mark