Apertura/Clausura and Conferences

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

gyboth wrote:What happens in this case, anyway? No final? Or final against second-ranked team from one of the tables?
No final, at least in Peru. Don't really know about the others but it's probably the same. I think a second-rank team would make sense only if it comes from the aggregate table but I was thinking how to do that today and I couldn't find a way around. I did test the new feature (from_table) and it also worked nicely. If it's the same team tha wins both A/C then the game is against itself :-)

Is there a way to add the A/C champions to the history?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

ircarrascal wrote:
gyboth wrote:If it's the same team tha wins both A/C then the game is against itself :-)
Yeah, I'll try to fix that :-)
I daresay there is ;-)
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

This has become a definitions topic, so I've moved it to the definitions forum.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

ircarrascal wrote:If it's the same team tha wins both A/C then the game is against itself :-)
I've added a cup property called

Code: Select all

<property>silent_on_fixture_error</property>
which you can use in the cup defining the final. There'll be a warning but the warning message will be suppressed, so you just won't get your cup.
Done.

I fixed the highlighting, too, and while I was at it, I also added the

<from_table>1</from_table>
tag to prom_rel_elements (accomplishes the same thing as in choose_team).
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

thanks for all that great work!

My Peru definition is getting really REALLY close to the real deal and by default that will be the case for Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and others that use pretty much the same system.

Haven't tried the international cups yet (i.e., make sure the correct teams qualify) but will do as soon as I can.
will_the_canuck

Re: Apertura/Clausura and Conferences

Post by will_the_canuck »

gyboth wrote:
ircarrascal wrote:Another request would be to add the option of Conferences. This is something that USA does (the MLS), and I think Mexico also.
After agonising for quite a while over the problem I can now offer you a tentative solution. I hope you'll accept it, since I really had to jump through several hoops for this one.

There is a new tag for league defs, to be added at the upper level:

<joined_league rr="1">usa_wconf</joined_league>
This will add fixtures with teams from the specified league to the fixtures of the league we're defining. "rr" means "round robins" and determines how often a given team from the league will play against any other given team from the joined league. Default value is 2.

The results will have an effect in the tables for both leagues. More than one league can be joined.

The whole feature is rather untested, so give it a shot and tell me about the horrendous crashes you're bound to experience.
Ok. I want to ask whether or not that bit of code of <joined_league> ever worked? I'm trying it with a revision for the USA thing having an MLS East and West Conference and the East Conference loads up first. After I do a few searches in the tables and/or play my first match, I get an error message of:

"WARNING **: team_get_league_rank: no rank found for team Los Angeles G. in league MLS Western Conference."

It seems that it only does that for the second conference loaded and not the first one loaded. I use that bit of code in both league definition files for the conferences.

With that warning message, does that make sense to what might be used to resolve this issue or is it just that that bit of code of <joined_league> is too flawed to work and a work around would be to use cups for playing and joining two things together but not having inter-conference play? i.e. we can have the east and west join up and play an equal amount of games against each other but we can't have the east play themselves twice each and then play the west once, and also have the west play themselves twice each and then play the east once, as it closely relates to how it works currently. It surely would be nice if it worked. :)

Although a second thought might be is there a bit of code to say how many games a league may play, even if it doesn't line up with how many teams there are? An example would be if you have 8 teams and you want them to play 16 games. A team will play each team twice and then play two other teams a third time. This can be useful when looking at the lower levels that have parallel leagues and not the same number of teams in each league.

Anyways, hope you're all doing well.

will_the_canuck