Adding teams to league definitions file

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
Jack of Shadows

Adding teams to league definitions file

Post by Jack of Shadows »

Hmmm...

I followed the suggestions in the definitions How To (ie copy one already there) to update the A-league for 2009-2010. The new season will have 2 more teams added. However, Bygfoot does not like this and when I click on choose/country/league it just "disappears" from the screen.

I've just thought I need to add the extra two teams (3 really as the NZ Knights were replaced by Wellington 2 seasons ago) to team definitions files. Is that correct? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, I forgot, this is for 2.3.1.
[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-019.gif[/img]
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

The country definition and the team definitions are two separate things. The former consists of league and cup definition files, and a country file that lists the leagues and cups used; the latter describes players in teams.

So, to update a league you really have to edit the league file itself (and probably also adjust the promotion/relegation rules). You just have to take care to edit the correct one (depending on the OS you use), that gets loaded by the game.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.