Brazilian definitions question

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
filipemb

Brazilian definitions question

Post by filipemb »

Hello,
I am updating Brazilian league definitions and I am needing some help.
After updating the Serie A, B and C leagues definitions, I am ready to make Serie D and the championship that promotes to Serie D.
The problem is the following:
Teams will play the "access championships" to Serie D and the top 2 in each one will get promoted to Série D. But they will be placed randomly on Serie D and I need them to be relegated (when in last position in their group) to their following access championship. They cannot be relegated to any of them, they need to be relegated to correct one.
Is it possible to make with the game db structure?
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Is serie D your last category (in the game)? If yes, then I don't think we can. You can't delegate from the lowest competition.
filipemb

Post by filipemb »

the last envolving teams from all states/provincies/counties. below them, there are the state championship whose champions are promoted to serie d.
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

I don't think that's possible and probably the problem is that in order to allow that, the number of teams in the groups of the "championship" would have to be variable.