Real Names for Database

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
alyn2010

Real Names for Database

Post by alyn2010 »

There are a real database , or real definitions for all teams ? (or just the first divisions in all leagues with real names for players , teams etc. ?)
gunnar
Site Admin

Re: Real Names for Database

Post by gunnar »

The answer is twofold: it's possible, but nobody has made the customisations necessary. We have customized team definitions, but they haven't been updated in a long time. You can find them, and the reason why they are not in the binary packages here

If you are prepared to update them for your own country, you can find how to do it at http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/new/doc/ ... teams.html
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

Yeah , but for example if i select man united i don`t have real players names ..
I like this game , but without real players , game is equal 0 for all users of this game ..

EDIT : And just 40-50 teams have real names .. very bad
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

alyn2010 wrote:Yeah , but for example if i select man united i don`t have real players names ..
I like this game , but without real players , game is equal 0 for all users of this game ..

EDIT : And just 40-50 teams have real names .. very bad
We are perfectly aware that some players don't want to use bygfoot because of this reason. But like I said before, nobody ever did the work to have all teams covered. It is a lot of work and every person that worked on this project is doing this in their free time for little gain (actually none except for their name in the credits). This is a free project and all data you have in the game is free and given by the contributors with no intention to be paid. All the tools are there for anybody to contribute.

Also be aware that when you buy a a soccer manager game, a big part of the price is in licensing the names, another part in the price is paying all the scouts to put the correct percentages for all statistics in the game. These are costs we can't make.
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

Some players ? I think 99% of players didn`t play this "fantasy" game because the unlicensed names ..
And you say why people doesn`t try to put a little work on this game .. Because nobody won`t start to edit this game when Football Manager is on torrents , or on sale .
For example , you didn`t launch a new version from still a year , and why you dind`t make real squads ? For example look at the game Cyberfoot , a great game , but without few options like bygfoot (youth academy etc.) ...
For me , and for all peoples , the game is zero . Why ? You should read this post in three time to understand that this game is a time spare without real players .
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

alyn2010 wrote:Some players ? I think 99% of players didn`t play this "fantasy" game because the unlicensed names ..
And you say why people doesn`t try to put a little work on this game .. Because nobody won`t start to edit this game when Football Manager is on torrents , or on sale .
You can hardly call it our fault that people steal games from torrent sites
alyn2010 wrote: For example , you didn`t launch a new version from still a year , and why you dind`t make real squads ?
I know I'm repeating myself here but it all boils down too free time. Do you know what free time is? When you are married, have kids, ..., free time is not something you have in abundance. While I know I should release a new version soonish, I'm not going spending all my free time on bygfoot.
alyn2010 wrote:For example look at the game Cyberfoot , a great game , but without few options like bygfoot (youth academy etc.) ...
For me , and for all peoples , the game is zero . Why ? You should read this post in three time to understand that this game is a time spare without real players .
To unlock certain features in Cyberfoot you need to pay, enough said.

If however people start donating heavily to bygfoot so that I can survive with my necessary €2000/month so I can quit my day job, this could all go way faster.

<sarcasm>By the way thanks for all the motivational pep-talk I needed to start working on bygfoot in my free time again.</sarcasm>
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

Yes , you are right . But with a simple code in Cyberfoot , you can play . That code you find very easy in the internet . 90% of players of Cyberfoot didn`t buy the game , but all have full version .
This is not an excuse . And , why you spare your time on this game , if it hadn`t succces ?
If you want to make something good , make it .
Goodbye ! This is what i want to say . It`s enough .
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

alyn2010 wrote:This is what i want to say . It`s enough .
That's good, because I'm this close to banning you. I don't know how old you are, but it's clear you don't get what open source and freeware is.

Maybe you should rather think about OS applications as gifts. If you don't like them, don't use them.

If you like them and have suggestions on how to improve them, you may suggest. Respectfully.

If you have constructive criticism, criticise away. Respectfully.

If you are not mature enough to do any of the above, stay away from our forums or you'll get banned.

Oh, and please don't hesitate to tell us when you've written your own free football manager that thousands of people download each month.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Foss

Post by Foss »

I'd be happy to create updated definitions, and possibly real players, too.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

Foss wrote:I'd be happy to create updated definitions, and possibly real players, too.
That would be great. Have a look at http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/new/doc/def_howto.html and don't hesitate to ask away here if you run into problems.
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Foss

Post by Foss »

I started today on creating real names and I've done the European league teams to Croatia.
Foss

Post by Foss »

Status update: done up to Faroe Islands
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

great .. hope you will finish soon all leagues ...
you create just team definitions or real players for teams ?
and if you can , post all teams that you have done .
Foss

Post by Foss »

I'll rename the teams first and then start on creating real players.
ircarrascal
definitions team

Post by ircarrascal »

alyn2010 wrote:For me , and for all peoples , the game is zero . Why ? You should read this post in three time to understand that this game is a time spare without real players .
Not for me :) don't generalise. Back when I still had free time, I tried to have real player and team names for the MLS using the official fantasy game database to generate more or less realistic abilities (there's an exercise for you! You can also do it with the Champions League or Premier League fantasy games, if interested), but it really didn't make any difference to me. And it's a real pain to keep it updated.