Skill and talent

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
rastabob

Skill and talent

Post by rastabob »

Hello,
I enjoy creating a tool to automate the creation of xml file for definitions of teams from tables found on the net (for example http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/olympiqu ... tartseite/ verein_244.html). Can you explain how you calculate skill and talent in knowing that I have retrieved the values of players for the 2011 season and the age of the players through this table.
thank you
sorry for broken English, as you know the French are not good with foreign languages :wink:
alyn2010

Re: Skill and talent

Post by alyn2010 »

You are a genious if you do this ... You will make players of Bygfoot happy ... It`s not a big problem if you can`t assign automatically the skill ... We will do manually ... But it will be great to have real players on Bygfoot .
rastabob

Post by rastabob »

It is possible for me to put values on players based on the highest value (with Messi or Ronaldo as the base), but I wanted to know the impacts and design values for skill and talent in order to have real data (at least based on the financial aspect).

Which league do you play ?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

rastabob wrote:Can you explain how you calculate skill and talent in knowing that I have retrieved the values of players for the 2011 season and the age of the players through this table.
Well, the details are rather technical (see bygfoot_constants file and the function player_skill_from_talent() in player.c), but basically players have a talent that doesn't ever change (representing the maximum skill they can reach during their career) and a peak age region (e.g. 26-30), during which they can maintain their maximum skill. The current skill is then derived from the talent and the current age.

This is a simplified explanation, however, since skill development also depends on injuries sustained (bad) and match practice they get (good).
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

rastatob please post here , if you can , for example , the defitinions for premier league , or for romanian liga 1 .
BIG2

Post by BIG2 »

Perhaps if you assumed that skill and talent are the same, you can take the transfer values from transfermarkt.de and put that value to the power of 2/7, then multiply your answer by 100, you should get the player's Bygfoot rating.