authentic squads for Serie A season 2010/2011

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
alyn2010

Re: authentic squads for Serie A season 2010/2011

Post by alyn2010 »

some new ?
pietro

Post by pietro »

Yeah, a lot new, Dinamo, Rapid, Cluj from Romania, Valletta from Malta, F91 Dudelange from Luxembourg, Malmo FF from Sweden, Slovan Bratislava, Red Bull Salzburg, HJK Helsinki, Levski Sofia, FC Flora Talinn. Aris, Panionios and AEK from Greece and maybe some others. There was some hard work on weekend.
But the thing is game crashes with those definitions I don't know why. I know new European teams added are well formatted, maybe Greek teams or Romanian cause the error.
Download it at your own responsibility, bugged?
Attachments
definitions.zip
173 teams, 3460 players
(945.1 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

pietro wrote:Yeah, a lot new, Dinamo, Rapid, Cluj from Romania, Valletta from Malta, F91 Dudelange from Luxembourg, Malmo FF from Sweden, Slovan Bratislava, Red Bull Salzburg, HJK Helsinki, Levski Sofia, FC Flora Talinn. Aris, Panionios and AEK from Greece and maybe some others. There was some hard work on weekend.
But the thing is game crashes with those definitions I don't know why. I know new European teams added are well formatted, maybe Greek teams or Romanian cause the error.
Download it at your own responsibility, bugged?
re-evaluate the romanian and greek teams and see where is the mistake.
malta and luxembourg also crash.
i see that dinamo is selected to have a symbol, but the flag isn`t into the archive. same with cfr cluj and rapid.
pietro

Post by pietro »

I've checked Romanian and Greek teams, also checked leagues definitions but something still crashing the game :shock:
Logos will be there, no worries, but why it crashes?!?!
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

pietro wrote:I've checked Romanian and Greek teams, also checked leagues definitions but something still crashing the game :shock:
probably national team of poland ?
pietro

Post by pietro »

alyn2010 wrote: probably national team of poland ?
No, it's not that. National teams are not taken into account when creating a club teams game. I'm not sure but maybe the game requires more talented players in minor teams like Flora or Helsinki and when the requirement is not met it crashes. I cannot find any error in my definitions.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

pietro wrote:I've checked Romanian and Greek teams, also checked leagues definitions but something still crashing the game :shock:
Was there an error message in the logs? (Linux on the prompt, in windows there is a stderr.txt and stdout.txt)
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

This is the problem:

** (Bygfoot.exe:2388): CRITICAL **: xml_league_read: error parsing file C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\bygfoot-2.3.2-win-GTK\support_files\definitions\europe\malta\league_malta1.xml
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I'll see this evening if I can find the problem.
pietro

Post by pietro »

gunnar wrote:I'll see this evening if I can find the problem.
cheers gunnar, I really want those definitions to progress and the transfer window opens in 20 days so I'm becoming a little nervous.
fixing Maltese league haven't solved the problem :(
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I've found the problem in the malta definition. If all your messages are like the following, then they all have that issue:
** (bygfoot:12723): CRITICAL **: xml_league_read: error parsing file /media/disk-1/bygfoot_devel/bygfoot-2.3.3-binary/support_files/definitions/europe/malta/league_malta1.xml
** (bygfoot:12723): WARNING **: error message: Error on line 1 char 1: Document must begin with an element (e.g. <book>)
This is caused by a Byte Order Mark (BOM for short) added by some editors. Our current parser can't handle these. You can find out if a BOM is at the start of your file by looking with a HEX editor. If you see "ef bb bf" at the start of a file, that's a BOM. These non visible characters have to be removed for the time being. I also added this as a bug report to Bygfoot at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=445176, it needs to be solved in 2.3.3

In the malta definition I saw this

Code: Select all

<teams>
    <team>
       <team>
      <team_name>Valletta</team_name>
      <def_file>malta_valletta</def_file>
    </team>
      <team_name>Birkirkara</team_name>
    </team>
This is also wrong.
alyn2010

Post by alyn2010 »

gunnar wrote:I've found the problem in the malta definition. If all your messages are like the following, then they all have that issue:
** (bygfoot:12723): CRITICAL **: xml_league_read: error parsing file /media/disk-1/bygfoot_devel/bygfoot-2.3.3-binary/support_files/definitions/europe/malta/league_malta1.xml
** (bygfoot:12723): WARNING **: error message: Error on line 1 char 1: Document must begin with an element (e.g. <book>)
This is caused by a Byte Order Mark (BOM for short) added by some editors. Our current parser can't handle these. You can find out if a BOM is at the start of your file by looking with a HEX editor. If you see "ef bb bf" at the start of a file, that's a BOM. These non visible characters have to be removed for the time being. I also added this as a bug report to Bygfoot at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=445176, it needs to be solved in 2.3.3

In the malta definition I saw this

Code: Select all

<teams>
    <team>
       <team>
      <team_name>Valletta</team_name>
      <def_file>malta_valletta</def_file>
    </team>
      <team_name>Birkirkara</team_name>
    </team>
This is also wrong.
When 2.3.3 , you said 1 may, but currently we are in 6 may.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

alyn2010 wrote:When 2.3.3 , you said 1 may, but currently we are in 6 may.
But I also said that it is subject to change. I had 2 bugs that I really wanted to fix. But due to the workload at work and the work I need to put in the garden and the time that I need to see wife and kids, there was not a lot of time to work on Bygfoot. I did fix those 2 issues (fixed the last one yesterday). But then I looked at the bug list and decided that the autosave problems ought to be fixed and the fact that news doesn't pop up immediately after a new match. So I'll take a couple of more days to fix those.
pietro

Post by pietro »

I've fixed Malta after alyn found it, still crashing, so I'll start looking for those BOMs now.

Gunnar add feature that allows managers to buy players not only from the transfer list please :)
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

alyn2010 wrote:When 2.3.3 , you said 1 may, but currently we are in 6 may.
I think you're still not getting that gunnar does all this in his free time from the goodness of his heart -- just like I did when I was main developer.

And gunnar, next time just do it like the Wesnoth guys and say "IIRWIIR" (it is ready when it is ready) and don't justify yourself when people come whining.

On a completely unrelated note, would you care to tell us how old you are, alyn?
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.