Official Original Names bug?

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
Beppe

Official Original Names bug?

Post by Beppe »

Hi guys (and girls),

I used to play Bygfoot some years ago....

Few days ago I thought to Bygfoot again...
So I've redownloaded :-)

But why using "fake names and old international cups" when I can have "original names and new cups"?

So from "additional download" I have downloaded the original names file.

It doesn't work for me :-(

I've tested a few things.
-from now on when I use "standard" I mean the files/folders that I downloaded downloading the games (the "standard package")
-and I'll use REAL talking about files/folders in the additional download with the real names.

1. extracting the REAL definitions in the STANDARD and opening bygfoot, I can select an Italian team and see the first screen (the one with all my players)

I said... sure I haven't the real names... it has 2 country_italy.xml

2. deleted all the STANDARD definition folder and replaced it with the REAL
I can select the league, I can select the team but....
Only "country_eu", "Australia", "Aus_victoria", "Japan" and "USA" work.
With ALL the other leagues after I choose a team, when I click on "start game"... "bigfoot stopped working"....

3. I tried also a strange thing... I have copied only the REAL Albania folder in the STANDARD definition folder: I can select a team and see my team.
but if I add "Andorra"... game crashes as soon as I select country_andorra.xml (I mean: I open bygfoot click on "new game" and the first league I see is Albania with all its teams, as soon as in the listbox with all the leagues I select Andorra... game crashes).

Is it only me or....

File downloaded:
bygfoot-2.2.1-win-GTK

System:
Win7

Test considered succesfull if I could see the players in my team (I didn't tried to play a game or whatever, just tried to see my guys!)

Ciao
Beppe

Re: Official Original Names bug?

Post by Beppe »

Some more testing.

I've modified the country_italy.xml

I've 'played' with the <cups> tags.

I've found out that if neither

<cup>europe_uefa3i</cup>
<cup>europe_champ_league4</cup>

It works. Bygfoot does not crash before displaying my team.
I can see the full list of players :-)

wondering why I do not have to delete also "Intercontinental cup" and "supercup"... both should read from "Champions League" (which I deleted)
Anyway.... time to look for rewriting EuropeCUP and Champions League definitions.....

ciao