English league definitions for the current season.

Forum devoted to country/league/cup/team definition topics. You can also get help here if you have trouble writing or using a definition.
BIG2

English league definitions for the current season.

Post by BIG2 »

england.zip
New english definitions
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Here are the English definition files for 13/14. I also have added two new tiers of divisions to the league system.
BIG2

Re: English league definitions for the current season.

Post by BIG2 »

Here is an update on the above.

Improvements:
Expanded down to level 8
Two new cups (one for levels 5-8, another for levels 3-4)
Qualifying rounds introduced for FA Cup
Name fixes
england.zip
Updated definitions
(21.95 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Thanks for that. That's quite extensive. I'm not sure if we can include it in a release though due to the real club names. We got it pointed out in the past that using real club names gives openings to law suits :-(
BIG2

Post by BIG2 »

No problem. I'll edit the files over the weekend so that they can be used in the main game.
BIG2

Post by BIG2 »

As promised, the English leagues without the official names.
england.zip
Version without official names
(20.75 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
will_the_canuck

Post by will_the_canuck »

Ah bloody hell. Just when I'm playing a team in England from the 5th tier and I see this, an eight tier game. Although it will definitely make it harder to go from a lower tier and keep advancing year after year like the five tier game. I actually was able to accomplish that feat in a way, going from the 5th tier and advancing year after year to the Premiership. :) A minor glitch in the last game of the 6th season occurred and although I lost that game in the Football Championship League, which made me end up in 7th place, I decided to play that game again and a little differently and ended up in 6th place in the Football Championship League and qualified for the Promotion playoffs and ended up winning them. So in six seasons, I was lucky enough to go from the 5th tier to the Premiership, which I would start in the 7th season. I don't think I'll be able to do that in the new eight tier game.

And if anyone is wondering how I did it, invest in stadium capacity and your youth academy. By using your youths, you can save a lot of money which can be used for other things. Also look out for potential trade bait who have high etal's and lower sk levels, but are also young enough and able to train the crap out of and get them up to higher skill levels. I found out that you can only renew a contract when the time on the contract is 2.0 years and less (say 2.0 years minus 2 weeks or more). Even if you get the player from a trade and you think they will be good, be willing to offer a new contract extension up to 4 additional years before you start training them and you can reap the benefits for when they are highly skilled and you're still only paying them a lower wage compared to their transfer fee. :)

As for this new definitions file, I'm wondering if it is possible to add it concurrently to the regular definitions files while still keeping the original England definitions and maybe calling this one England-8tier or something like that. Maybe some day I'll try this one out although with the added tiers, it reminds me a bit of the Australia-Victoria definitions, with the 7 tiers that that one has.

Anyways, bye for now.

will_the_canuck