Physio, scout and youth team preferences not changing?

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
mickster04

Physio, scout and youth team preferences not changing?

Post by mickster04 »

I'm using 2.0.1 on ubuntu installed using synaptics. but i can't change any of these values, and having played about 6 seasons they don't change automatically, i tried installing a later version using the make etc, but it didn't work and there was no further details in the instructions so i gave up on that...if someone could give step by step instructions as how to fix this or properly compile a newer version... thanks guys!
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who get binary, and those who don't...
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

Use https://sourceforge.net/projects/bygfoo ... b/download for Ubuntu 64 bit
or https://sourceforge.net/projects/bygfoo ... b/download for Ubuntu 32 bit

Both versions are built with Jaunty

Your old savegames will probably don't work with that version
mickster04

Post by mickster04 »

Any chance you could update the software channel then?:D
Mike
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who get binary, and those who don't...
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

The download channel for 2.3.2 is http://sourceforge.net/projects/bygfoot ... oot-2.3.2/ It provides all types of downloads.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mickster04 wrote:Thanks:D
Any chance you could update the software channel then?:D
Mike
I suppose he's talking about the Debian servers. Do you still have contact with Isaac about Debian upload, Gunnar?
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

The one in the ubuntu repositories is still 2.0.1. They don't always like unstable version in their repositories, but yes I should contact Isaac.
mickster04

Post by mickster04 »

I have installed the latest version but still can't edit those values....
gunnar
Site Admin

Post by gunnar »

I'm sorry, I just installed the debian package and I can't reproduce this behaviour with 2.3.2. Does bygfoot mention in the title bar and/or help->about version 2.3.2?
raitpngman

Re: Physio, scout and youth team preferences not changing?

Post by raitpngman »

This is still a problem in 2.3.2 ubuntu precise 64bit. One work around is to manually change the values. Close bygfoot. If you open the saved game (which is a zip file) there is a file in there called (savedname)_users.xml. If you open up the xml file the appropriate numbers to look for are 7012 for the scout, 7013 for the physio, and 7028 for the youth coach. The values range from 0 for the best to 3 for bad. Change the values according to what you want, save the file, rezip if you have to, and then reopen bygfoot and the values should be saved.