Having some GLib-CRITICAL errors?

General help forum. You can post here if you have trouble installing, for instance.
will_the_canuck

Having some GLib-CRITICAL errors?

Post by will_the_canuck »

Hello. Hopefully this is the right place to post this as I don't think it is a bug but it is an error of some sort. Of note, I'm using bygfoot version 2.3.2 on Lubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS and usually when I play the game, I just select it through the menu option and click on the related program that way. I played a game with one live game and halfway through, it gave me an error about making more than 3 player substitutions, which I didn't do, and then it wouldn't let me continue. Even after going to the main bygfoot window and selecting the "player list reset" option under the "Team" menu listing, it didn't correct anything. I eventually just closed that window and it created an error report that supposedly sent back information to the bygfoot website. Well, that's a separate issue I have with the "more than 3 player substitution" rule and I"ll ask about it later.

As for the issue that I'm reporting on, after I closed the game above, I decided to open up a terminal window in Lubuntu and run bygfoot that way, to see if anything comes up, of which I saw the following errors listed in the terminal window:

(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1165 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1344 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1463 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4907 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 7389 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 7444 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 7708 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 7982 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 8049 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 8538 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 12844 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 12855 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 13078 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 13089 was not found when attempting to remove it
(bygfoot:6083): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 13557 was not found when attempting to remove it

Of note, what I did after running the bygfoot command in the terminal was load a saved game, played a live game, and afterwards, checking a few screens out like the tables, upcoming matches, the stadium status, etc. Could you please advise what these errors may apply to and if I need to reinstall anything to resolve them.

Thank you,

Will_the_canuck
billys_boots

Re: Having some GLib-CRITICAL errors?

Post by billys_boots »

I am getting these types of error/warning messages. I am wondering if there is a way to link the source id to a team or do a global search through the files for the source id? The errors don't effect the game play. or at least I haven't had any crashes caused by this type of error.
will_the_canuck

Re: Having some GLib-CRITICAL errors?

Post by will_the_canuck »

As for linking these errors through the Source ID to a process in the game itself, you'd likely have to run a debug program or such on it to actually get the answer to that. And as for these errors not having any direct relation to gameplay or such, I might disagree to a point, but otherwise, I would agree. It all depends on what was the cause of the error in the first place, and mostly, I'd think it would be screen selection and changing parameters which the code is having problems refreshing or changing values for. As the error says "Source ID # was not found when attempting to remove it", it sounds like some variable was changed prior to looking for it to change or something of that nature, if the variable in question had a value to begin with? And although it may not directly relate to a crash, it could accumulate into a crash, like say the "3 substitutions rule" happening, which would lead to a crash of sorts. :) The game wouldn't necessarily crash there but you'd have no choice but to terminate and restart the game if it happened.

When I think of it, as I'm using this via lubuntu (linux) and the code was done a long time ago and using a different version of GTK+ than what is used now, it might be an issue of one version being used to write the code but a newer version is being used to compile it and that difference in the code from one version to the next might be creating these types of errors? I guess if that is the reason, that might be a reason why the windows 32-bit version might be a better version in that once you create the executable file, it doesn't need to be recompiled unless you want it to be, or if you have trouble running the 32-bit version of the program. With the newer versions of linux being produced, and the program of bygfoot being available in the repositories, if it is pre-compiled by the repository, then it might be compiled with the newer versions of gtk instead of the original version that it was made with. Well, even if it isn't true, this sounds like a possible reason for the errors at least, in my mind. :)

Still annoying as it says "GLib-CRITICAL" and all, but oh well. As long as the game doesn't crash, I'll be happy. But yes billys_boots, I do agree with you in that it would be nice to know why these error messages are showing up in the first place as understanding is half the battle.

will_the_canuck