What has been your best Youth Academy recruit?

General discussions about the game, e.g. game strategy.
will_the_canuck

What has been your best Youth Academy recruit?

Post by will_the_canuck »

Simple question right? Though the answer I'm looking for is based on the players Etal. So people, if you've used the Youth Academy to enhance your team, how successful have you been in recruiting top talent? Have you been able to score a recruit with an Etal of 80 or more? Maybe 90 or more? If you remember playing the game and remember the value of the recruit, why not share the information and how you got such a good recruit. Also, where you got them might be fun to hear about too, as in which country/league you were playing in and all.

As for myself, my choice of countries and leagues is limited but my highest recruit by Etal is likely a forward with an Etal of 72, but that was before I knew a few more tricks to help those guys out. :) I had a Youth Academy investment of 25 percent and the best level for youth coach. I should add that I also had the best level for scout too, as it can help with determining the best available Etal for a player and recruit. After I learned a few tricks, my highest guy so far (which might change as the game goes on) is I believe a forward with an Etal of 79, although I do also have a midfielder with an Etal of 78. Though I'll add for the last two recruits, my level of investment in the Youth Academy was above 25 percent. ;) Hey, if the cpu doesn't play by the rules and we can't get enough income to make our own players good when we follow the rules, we can try something different, right?

Anyways, I'm just curious as to the success of the other players in using their Youth Academies to make great players for their teams. Feel free to leave a note on your successes as other people would likely be interested in knowing too.

will_the_canuck
will_the_canuck

Re: What has been your best Youth Academy recruit?

Well, I finally made a pic of my Youth Academy and thought I'd share it, in relation to this subject. I did ask people what their best recruit was and although the page got a few views, no one wanted to reply yet. ;) This ought to make people interested I think. The first picture is a picture of my Youth Academy, after I played in the Australia_Aus-Victoria league and won the Premiership and also League Cup. I have recruits with Etals ranging from 83 to 99 in my Youth Academy.
Photo of my Youth Academy showing my recruits :)
Photo of my Youth Academy showing my recruits :)
bygfoot-youth-academy.png (129.55 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Here is a picture of my finances page, which shows my Youth Academy investment, along with the recruits from the Youth Academy on the left side showing their costs et al.
Photo showing my finances page, which shows the level of my investment in my Youth Academy.
Photo showing my finances page, which shows the level of my investment in my Youth Academy.
bygfoot-youth-academy-investment.png (136.4 KiB) Viewed 826 times
When I think of this, I think that although it is nice and fun to have higher skilled players when they are younger, I think the goal of the game may be to give us good skilled players, say with Etals in the 70s range or maybe even low 80s and through training and experience, maybe get their skill and Etal up to the 90 range when they get older. But then like most people, they likely would enjoy having those higher Etals sooner rather than later. So, any thoughts?

Hope you enjoy and I would enjoy seeing what success other people have had.

Bye for now,

will_the_canuck
will_the_canuck

Re: What has been your best Youth Academy recruit?

Hello again. This should be my last post on this topic as everything that should be said will have been said, I'm guessing. From my previous two posts here, I asked you what was your best Youth Academy recruit to date, if you recall. When I think of the normal parameters of the game, the Youth Academy investment allows up to 25 percent of earnings. This under normal circumstances will likely lead to recruits with etals of up to a range in the 70s most likely, with maximum attendance taken into consideration. And after training and experience gained while playing them, their etals can likely grow to ranges in the 80s and 90s, we'd hope. Of course, by maximum attendance, I'm referring to attendance at the highest level of competition in the game you're playing, which can be attendance figures of 30,000 or 40,000 or more a game, depending on your game you're playing. And as for the age of the recruits when they may hit an etal in the range of the 80s or 90s, they'll likely be over 22 and past the 4 year range from the youth academy, most likely in the 24 to 27 range.

I also posted an image showing a recruit that had an etal of 99. He was a midfielder aged 17 who had a current skill at the time of 75. When I think of that, it shows promise that there is potential that that player can reach a skill level of 99 and not just have an etal of 99. Well, sometimes promises aren't kept and when I played another game, I also had players with etals of 99, but this time, their skills also were 99. So now, I'm posting pictures of those for proof that yes, you can have players with skills of 99 that originate from your youth academy. :)

The following three pictures were taken from a game I'm playing. I chose a team in Japan from the continent of Asia. Of note, Japan is the only country to pick when selecting Asia as a continent. I started as a fifth tier club and the pictures are from the end of my sixth and seventh seasons. In the first picture, at the end of the sixth season, you can see the recruits in the youth academy and also see two players with an etal of 99 on the left side of the picture. The goalie has a skill level of 99 and a defenceman has a skill of 98, although his etal is also 99. Although too of great notice is that their ages are 19 and 18, respectfully. So, here's that photo:
End of 6th season
End of 6th season
Screenshot from 2018-05-16 23-35-55 - player with sk 99.png (119.63 KiB) Viewed 805 times
As for the next two photos, they are a bit of an overlap since my resolution on my netbook is small and the full screen won't show up. :) They are from the end of the seventh season and show the players names, skill levels, etals, value, wage, and time left on their contracts. And as this is one season after the previous photo shown above, you can see the progression of the team. Instead of one 99 skilled and etal'd player, I now have five players with an etal of 99, four of which are at a skill level of 99. The value of the players too is listed, of which four of them are around the 8 million dollar mark. And the ages of all of the players is 21 and under. So for now, here are the last two photos:
End of 7th season, part 1
End of 7th season, part 1
Screenshot from 2018-05-26 04-34-37.png (133.63 KiB) Viewed 805 times
End of 7th season, part 2
End of 7th season, part 2
Screenshot from 2018-05-26 04-35-16.png (136 KiB) Viewed 805 times
So on that note, enjoy and good bye for now.

will_the_canuck