1.9.0 stages

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

the new howto and a tags reference is online, see http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/forum/vi ... .php?t=167.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:so, mom2pp, as soon as the new cup howto is done, you read it and we'll work out how to make your definitions
ok
gyboth wrote:man, what kind of username is this?
mom is my initials and 2pp stands for the street i live in
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:the last few days i've been working on making the cup definition system even more general and more flexible. i'm done with the changes now; probably i've broken quite a few things, so i'd be happy if anyone could play a bit and file reports about bugs they find.
i ran bygfoot
when it started it gave me a lot of warnings and when i clicked on england and then tried to start a game as liverpool in the premiership it crashed and said

** (bygfoot:7019): WARNING **: cup_get_first_week_of_cup_round: first week of cup Promotion Games FL Two cup round 1 is not positive (-1).
Please lower the week gap or set a later last week.

Segmentation fault
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

mom2pp wrote:
gyboth wrote:the last few days i've been working on making the cup definition system even more general and more flexible. i'm done with the changes now; probably i've broken quite a few things, so i'd be happy if anyone could play a bit and file reports about bugs they find.
i ran bygfoot
when it started it gave me a lot of warnings and when i clicked on england and then tried to start a game as liverpool in the premiership it crashed and said

** (bygfoot:7019): WARNING **: cup_get_first_week_of_cup_round: first week of cup Promotion Games FL Two cup round 1 is not positive (-1).

Segmentation fault
oh yeah i forgot to say that i did the cvs update -dP thing first :oops:
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

yes, i think i've forgotten to add the updated definition files, too. i've added them today, so things should work now. i've just done a clean cvs checkout and it works.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:yes, i think i've forgotten to add the updated definition files, too. i've added them today, so things should work now. i've just done a clean cvs checkout and it works.

gyözö
ok ill try it again
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i tried again and this happened

** (bygfoot:7336): WARNING **: xml_league_end_start_element: unknown tag: prom_games_cup_sid; I'm in state 10

** (bygfoot:7336): WARNING **: xml_league_read_start_element: unknown tag: prom_games_cup_sid; I'm in state 10

** (bygfoot:7336): WARNING **: cup_get_first_week_of_cup_round: first week of cup Promotion Games FL Two cup round 1 is not positive (-1).

Segmentation fault
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

oops sorry i never knew that was so long :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

this almost sounds like you didn't recompile after updating. did you? and did you do a completely fresh cvs checkout, in a new empty directory?

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

round robin with odd number of teams is supported now; live game replay can be paused, resumed and aborted, too.

the country selection combobox looks a bit classier now, with flags (the flag names are derived automatically from the country names, so i've renamed some flags, e.g. flag_fr.png -> flag_france.png).

mom2pp, next time please make a new topic in the bugs or help forum about compiling/running problems, this topic is rather for development news.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:this almost sounds like you didn't recompile after updating. did you? and did you do a completely fresh cvs checkout, in a new empty directory?
nope i didnt :oops:
im not very good at this :roll:
gyboth wrote:mom2pp, next time please make a new topic in the bugs or help forum about compiling/running problems, this topic is rather for development news.
ok
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

it works now
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i've made changes to the cup system again. now the choose_teams are part of the cup rounds, thus making it possible that new teams get added in later cup stages.

i'm going to update the howto soon. these new possibilities might be of interest to oki and atd (i remember you asked something once about only lower league teams playing in the first rounds and teams from higher leagues coming into play in later rounds; now it's possible :-)).

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i'm planning to release 1.9.0 on June 18. only very minor features and bug fixes will be added until the release.

i'd be grateful if you could play the cvs version as much as you can not as much that you lose interest and enjoyment, though ;-)) and report bugs (of which there are surely still plenty :roll:).

gyözö