1.9.0 stages

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

gyboth wrote:i'd be grateful if you could play the cvs version as much as you can not as much that you lose interest and enjoyment, though ;-)) and report bugs (of which there are surely still plenty :roll:).
gyözö
in particular the multiplayer mode might contain bugs; i don't think anyone ever played multiplayer (arne, tobe?).

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:i'd be grateful if you could play the cvs version as much as you can not as much that you lose interest and enjoyment, though ;-)) and report bugs (of which there are surely still plenty :roll:).
ok
ill try the multiplayer too
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i've added support for different player names files. ideally, for each country def there should be a player names file; i've created one for england and one for germany; there's also a generic one for cases where there isn't a country-bound one.

the files are in 'support_files/names/' and should be named 'player_names_COUNTRY.xml' where country is 'england' or 'germany' or so.

the syntax is pretty straightforward:

Code: Select all

<names>
  <last_name>Ackart</last_name>
  <last_name>Ackerman</last_name>
  <last_name>Ackers</last_name>
... snip ...
  <first_name>Victor</first_name>
  <first_name>Bryce</first_name>
  <first_name>Riley</first_name>
</names>
the advantage of having first names and last names is obviously that we don't need as many names because we have #first names * #last names different names like this, instead of simply #names as before.

i'm going to write a small howto on this soon.

the leagues can contain a tag '<names_file>' now, specifying which file to use for player names. the content of the tag should not be the file name but only the part between 'player_names_' and '.xml' (eg. 'england' for the english file).

if a league doesn't contain such a tag, the generic (mainly english) names are used.

i hope we'll have name files for most of the countries before the release. unfortunately finding name lists on the internet isn't all that easy, in particular if you don't speak the language of the country :-P

i guess we can use the english file for all the anglo-saxon countries (england, scotland, usa, possibly wales and (n.) ireland), at least.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

hehe, i managed to make a names file for france with my rudimentary french skills ;-)

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i even found some italian names ;-) though a lot of the surnames are from the 15th century :lol: but italian they are.

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:though a lot of the surnames are from the 15th century :lol: but italian they are.
Oh there newer than the ones that were used before:
Caesar, Vercingetorix :lol:
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:
gyboth wrote:though a lot of the surnames are from the 15th century :lol: but italian they are.
Oh there newer than the ones that were used before:
Caesar, Vercingetorix :lol:
hey, vercingetorix wasn't roman! you didn't read your asterix-books carefully enough!

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

I now Vercingetoriw is not a roman (We have all Arsterix comics :wink: ).But the period is the same. I just wanted to say that the names were older, not that the Italian names were older.
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:I now Vercingetoriw is not a roman (We have all Arsterix comics :wink: ).But the period is the same. I just wanted to say that the names were older, not that the Italian names were older.
oh, i'm beginning to understand: you mean the names used in 1.8 were older? i remember, vercingetorix is really a player name in 1.8 :lol:; in fact it still is a last name in 1.9, hehe, you might have a forward called Anthony Vercingetorix, or Nathaniel Ceasar :-D

gyözö
Oki

Post by Oki »

HoHoHo
Thanks gyözö, it's sounds like Santa Claus gifts. :-D :-D

Now we could have names like "Junio Baiano", "Juninho Pernambucano", "Dudú Nóbrega", "Adhemir da Guia". It's very common to call football player by nickmanes instead of names and with this feature we could invent some nicknames. ;-)

Thank you, one more time. :-)

[]'s
Celso Goya
celsogoya@jabber.org
atd

Post by atd »

The Belgian ones are ready!!
  • Didn't use a telephone book :lol:
  • found a site with most used last names in Belgium, Brussels, Flanders and the french speaking part and with most used first names in 2004, 2003, 2002/2001)
  • Some names are four times used but they are more times used in Belgium :lol:
  • In total there are 400 first and 400 last names!
gona write a mail
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:The Belgian ones are ready!!
great :-)
Didn't use a telephone book :lol:
found a site with most used last names in Belgium, Brussels, Flanders and the french speaking part and with most used first names in 2004, 2003, 2002/2001)
nice.
Some names are four times used but they are more times used in Belgium :lol:
no problem.
In total there are 400 first and 400 last names!
that's more than enough ;-)

where are they? if you can't attach the xml (or text) file zip it first.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

gyboth wrote: where are they?
i just received them :oops: should've checked my mails first...

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

the belgian names are in the cvs now :-)

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

I said 'gonna wite a mail' (with only one n :oops: )
-----------------