1.9.0 stages

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

thanks i'll try that
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

id did the cvs update-dP command, it seemed to have worked but when i ran bygfoot it came up with this:
(bygfoot:6068): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreemodel.c: line 1277 (gtk_tree_model_get): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL (tree_model)' failed
Segmentation fault
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i tried again in my home directory and this time it worked :D
i dont know if it has all the changes yet though
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

as a precaution it might be good to delete the home folder every time you do an update. the cvs version is in flux, so to speak, and so are all the peripheral (text) files. savegame compatibility cannot be expected between different cvs versions, either.

btw, i think i know why you get segfaults. it's because the game expects users to play with the country they live in. and since noone has create a definition for scotland yet... there you are :lol:

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:as a precaution it might be good to delete the home folder every time you do an update. the cvs version is in flux, so to speak, and so are all the peripheral (text) files. savegame compatibility cannot be expected between different cvs versions, either.

btw, i think i know why you get segfaults. it's because the game expects users to play with the country they live in. and since noone has create a definition for scotland yet... there you are :lol:

gyözö
ok ill try and create a file for scotland
but i know absolutely nothing about programming so....
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

im actually not that sure how the top division(SPL) in scotland works i think all the teams play each other three times and then the league seperates. the top 6 teams play each other to decide who wins the championship and the bottom 6 play each other to try to avoid relegation. its something like that anyway. im not sure how i would be able to write that for bygfoot. the lower divisions are also a problem because in the first division, second division and third division all the teams play each other 4 times. how would i do this for bygfoot?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

oh. this sounds bloody complicated. such multiple league rounds are not implemented. i guess we'll wait a bit longer for the scottish league ;-)

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:oh. this sounds bloody complicated. such multiple league rounds are not implemented. i guess we'll wait a bit longer for the scottish league ;-)

gyözö
if you want i could try and do a simplified version with each team just playing each other twice
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:if you want i could try and do a simplified version with each team just playing each other twice
yes. or maybe i'll find a way to implement such 'more-than-twice' leagues without shattering or overcomplicating the current system/syntax. you can play around a bit, anyway, and if i add some appropriate tags, we'll improve your definitions.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

league stats are done (figures -> league stats in the menu). have a look at the screenshots.

the number of teams (3) and players (5) is configurable via the constants file.

gyözö
Attachments
Best offensive and defensive teams. Both screenshots are from the same treeview.
Best offensive and defensive teams. Both screenshots are from the same treeview.
league_stat1.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
Best goal scorers and goalkeepers. These are below the teams in the treeview.
Best goal scorers and goalkeepers. These are below the teams in the treeview.
league_stat2.jpg (21.53 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

gyboth wrote:
mom2pp wrote:if you want i could try and do a simplified version with each team just playing each other twice
yes. or maybe i'll find a way to implement such 'more-than-twice' leagues without shattering or overcomplicating the current system/syntax. you can play around a bit, anyway, and if i add some appropriate tags, we'll improve your definitions.

gyözö
ok
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

season stats are done. screenshot attached. at first you might be a bit disappointed because you only see the league and cup champions, but for each season the league stats (see post above) at the end of the season are also stored (you can see them by clicking on the arrows); additionally, there's the user history which records events like on which rank you finished the league.

the tables contain now arrows and a dot to show team movements compared to the previus table positions (see screenshot). thanks to vector for the icons :-)

the season stats was the last bigger feature for 1.9.0. i'm only going to add minor and convenience features from now on, unless there's something that really MUST be in 1.9.0.

next i'm going to work a bit on the supercup and league xml syntax, trying to make it a bit more flexible to be able to create leagues like the scottish one.

gyözö
Attachments
Tables with arrows and dots showing team movements.
Tables with arrows and dots showing team movements.
tables.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Season stats (the page with the champions; there's also pages with league stats for each league).
Season stats (the page with the champions; there's also pages with league stats for each league).
season_stats.jpg (12.97 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
vector

Post by vector »

yep its taking shape.
I noticed alot of the icons we used in 1.8 arnt yet in 1.9 like the week, transfer list . and the Player menu etc. I assume you will get around to this at the polishing stages. I comment only in case you wanted different or others.
ill do some more user_history icons soon
and some cups n such for the season stats page
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:yep its taking shape.
I noticed alot of the icons we used in 1.8 arnt yet in 1.9 like the week, transfer list . and the Player menu etc. I assume you will get around to this at the polishing stages.
yes, that was the plan. yet i believe that a lot of icons from 1.8 will be too big, because they are designed as button icons, and since things are mostly managed with menus in 1.9, we'd need smaller ones. maybe we could simply shrink them?
ill do some more user_history icons soon
great! :-)
and some cups n such for the season stats page
you're reading my mind :lol: that's exactly what i was planning to ask from you.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

the last few days i've been working on making the cup definition system even more general and more flexible. i'm done with the changes now; probably i've broken quite a few things, so i'd be happy if anyone could play a bit and file reports about bugs they find.

i'm going to post a new cup definition howto soon.

i was prompted to make those cup system changes by the desire to be able to make definitions for the weird scottish system; i'm really glad mom2pp (man, what kind of username is this?) mentioned it because the new system is at the same time simpler AND more flexible; that's what i think, anyway.
so, mom2pp, as soon as the new cup howto is done, you read it and we'll work out how to make your definitions (i've also added a new tag for leagues that makes it possible to have fixtures with two teams playing more than 2 matches against each other).

other than this, i've made the promised 'skin' file, ie. constants related to the game appearance aren't in 'bygfoot_constants' anymore but in a new file called 'bygfoot_app'. i've also added the icons vector made recently, the screenshot shows the user history.

gyözö
Attachments
User history with icons.
User history with icons.
user_history.jpg (40.85 KiB) Viewed 1209 times