1.9.0 stages

The developers will post here to let you peek into future versions and announce new releases.

Moderator: idcarlos

vector

Post by vector »

Thought it time i made some input ;)
CVS version now working ta, here are some thoughts.
Love it its starting to really come together.
The points below may just be parts you havent written yet, if so ignore them ;)

The team auto sort is missing. I use this when i get myself in a muddle and end up with M in D and F in M and G in M positions. Its a nice function to just sort it out.

Player. show info. would be neat if the arrows cycled to the next/previous player in your team

Stadium report. If you click the X instead of close..ooh dear weve been here b4.. the game is no longer playable. the main window dose not recieve focus.

the new fixtures and tables next/previous arrows use is great and the displayed info looks neat.

Finance/stadium. this was mentioned in another post, I post my thoughts here. A simple compromise is required. The Financial statement as it is is great, better than 1.8 but should include :
loan interest (i think this could randomly wander a bit just to spice things up)
loan ballance

estimated stadium renovation completion date (if one is current)
current Safety level

However it is a statement.. ie not interactive as such. I can see no problem hitting ctrl +F to activate the stadium details
or ctrl+L? to get the loan details etc
I havnt looked at loans in 1.8 much but would it be an idea to allow the manager to partly pay a loan? rather than waiting to have all the funds and paying outright.

Well thats my 2c spent :)
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:The team auto sort is missing. I use this when i get myself in a muddle and end up with M in D and F in M and G in M positions. Its a nice function to just sort it out.
right, i've forgotten that one. gonna add it.
Player. show info. would be neat if the arrows cycled to the next/previous player in your team
nice idea.
Stadium report. If you click the X instead of close..ooh dear weve been here b4.. the game is no longer playable. the main window dose not recieve focus.
man, i hate those... i know exactly why it happens, but the only possible solution is ugly (adding a superfluous function...).
the new fixtures and tables next/previous arrows use is great and the displayed info looks neat.
ha! it'd be even greater if i had two sets of arrows to distinguish them! and if i had those little green/red up and down arrows for table movements you promised to make ;-)
Finance/stadium. this was mentioned in another post, I post my thoughts here. A simple compromise is required. The Financial statement as it is is great, better than 1.8 but should include :
loan interest (i think this could randomly wander a bit just to spice things up)
loan ballance

current Safety level
yes, i could add some pieces of info like capacity, safety and works. loan interest, too (though not random, that'd be a bit too different from real life).
I havnt looked at loans in 1.8 much but would it be an idea to allow the manager to partly pay a loan? rather than waiting to have all the funds and paying outright.
:?: you didn't know it's possible? you can pay part of your loan and the time you have to pay back the rest gets prolonged a bit.

gyözö
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

vector wrote:The team auto sort is missing. I use this when i get myself in a muddle and end up with M in D and F in M and G in M positions. Its a nice function to just sort it out.
:arrow: done. middle click on the player list or press Ctrl-R.
:arrow: done
:arrow: done
loan ballance

current Safety level
:arrow: a short stadium summary is shown below the finances now.

gyözö
vector

Post by vector »

you didn't know it's possible? you can pay part of your loan and the time you have to pay back the rest gets prolonged a bit.
yeah dont like being in debt ;) so havent played with this part at all.
ha! it'd be even greater if i had two sets of arrows to distinguish them! and if i had those little green/red up and down arrows for table movements you promised to make Wink
yeah I hear ya bro ;) let me get this record album recorded (almost finished we're releasing it on the 20th) and your the next to service ;) that is after I have caught up on some sleep
"There are two ways to score. Dribble it over the line or smash it into the back of the net."
What type are you?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

season ending with promotions and relegations is implemented. i hope i didn't forget anything ;-) i'd be grateful if anybody could take the time to play a couple of successive seasons and tell me if something goes wrong.

the issue with 'xml_cup_read' reporting a (null) file and segfaulting is solved, too.

in fact there aren't a lot of major feature additions left anymore. i'm going to add supercups and success counters for the users, season and user histories (no team and player histories in 1.9.0) and a couple of options, and that's it then, i guess. of course minor features can always be added, i'm sure i've forgotten some that shouldn't be omitted.

there were a few changes to the promotion game xml syntax, so have a look at the corresponding post and the howto text file.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

i've rewritten the promotion games system (after spending several hours trying to overcome the difficulties caused by the old system) and implemented the supercup system.

i've added a national supercup (one-match final between the first league winner and the first cup winner (or league runner-up if there's a double winner) and the uefa supercup between the champions' league winner and the cup winners' cup winner.

i'm going to update the howto soon to include these changes.

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

belgian and romanian country definitions are now in the cvs. thanks to arne deprez and cristian spoiala :-D

gyözö
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

success counter is implemented. if you're successful (get promoted, reach last rounds of cups, stay among the first teams in the league) you get job offers (mostly from better teams if you're in a lower league).

if you're unsuccessful (get relegated, stay among the last teams in the league) you get fired (and get a job offer from a worse team, probably).

just as in 1.8, only that now cup success is counted, too.

gyözö
atd

Post by atd »

gyboth wrote:if you're unsuccessful (get relegated, stay among the last teams in the league) you get fired (and get a job offer from a worse team, probably).

just as in 1.8, only that now cup success is counted, too.
What happens if you get relegated and win the cup?
attack is the best way to defend ~~ Arne Deprez
-----------------
"De omnis Belgae fortissimi sunt."(Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest.) ~~ Julius Caesar
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

atd wrote:What happens if you get relegated and win the cup?
those cancel each other, in a way. success is simply measured in an integer variable, and if you get relegated you lose 50 points or so; if you win a cup, you gain 60 or 80 or so.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i downloaded the cvs a while back but i cant see all these changes
will i have to download the cvs using bygfoot-update again?
Haven't u people ever heard of closing a goddam door?
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:i downloaded the cvs a while back but i cant see all these changes
will i have to download the cvs using bygfoot-update again?
depends on how long ago that was. which changes do you mean? the success counter stuff only comes into play if you play really long, at least 1 or 2 seasons.

gyözö
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

i mean most of the changes
mom2pp

Post by mom2pp »

some of them i might not have reached because i keep getting segmentation faults in the middle of games
gyboth
Site Admin

Post by gyboth »

mom2pp wrote:some of them i might not have reached because i keep getting segmentation faults in the middle of games
oh. sad to hear :-( i've corrected some errors that led to segfaults a week or two ago. generally it's good to check every 3-4 days for updates in the cvs. you don't have to download a new version, you can just enter 'cvs update -dP' in the directory you downloaded with the script (it should contain a subdir called 'CVS') and recompile if there were changes.

gyözö